Saturday, January 28, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #19 and colourQ challenge #121

Hi there! Another card for two challenges. I used the sketch by Jen Mitchell (which I flipped over) in Freshly Made Sketches and the colors of the colourQ challenge.

As a base for the card, I used a precut card from the Everyday Elegance packet and then I added the embellishments. I painted the kettle and cup with watercolor, but using very little water because I stamped the images with Staz-On on regular Whisper White cardstock, which doesn't absorb a lot of water. Then I applied Crystal Effects on the kettle and the cup for some dimension.

When I looked at the card after I finished it, I noticed that that is a "morning picture" for me because that is what I do every morning: heat up the kettle to prepare an instant coffee or tea after I drop off my daughter at school, lol.
Hope you like it. Enjoy!




Cardstock: More Mustard (100946), Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730), Riding Hood Red (111348)
Stamps: Morning Cup (W 116988, C 120489)
Embellishment: Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon (117292); Large Pearls Basic Jewels (125577); Crystal
Effects (101055)
Cool stuff: Every Day Elegance Simply Sent Kit (122377)

11 comments:

  1. Such a cute image! love how you dressed up the notecard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty, Lili, love how you used your colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet cozy image Lili! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used the notecard for this (I love those). This sums up my mornings too. Beautiful bow! Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the dimensional glaze and the lovely bow on your card! Thanks so much for playing with us at the ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! Thanks for participating in the CQC this week! I just love your take on the sketch and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't this sentiment the truth?! This is the perfect, warm color palette for the image. Love the punched border and gorgeous bow you added! Thanks for sharing this with us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely clean and stylish card ... love that white border on the red background and the accenting ribbon ... gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Tea"rrific card Lili! Love the new note cards! Thanks for joining us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, that image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete