Saturday, January 26, 2013

Woody with a button!

Welcome back to my blog. This week I 'll be the hostess again at Our Creative Corner. I love trees and wood so my proposal for this challenge is to create a project using woodgrain. You may use a technique to simulate woodgrain, or use designer paper, or an actual piece of wood! But the woodgrain needs to be there. You also have to use at least one button.

For the background I used Natural Composition Specialty Paper (126917) which I embossed using woodgrain embossing folder (127821), and then with the Crumb Cake ink pad (126975) I rubbed ink on top of the embossed paper to get the rips a little bit darker. The flowers have been colored with More Mustard ink pad (126964), and Daffodil Delight (126944), rubbing the flower directly on the ink pad. I stamped the sentiment from Feel Goods (W 129681, C 129684) on a piece of canvas (129375) with StazOn ink (101406). I attached the button (127833) with Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine (125572). If you want to buy the materials for this card, click here. 

Check out the wonderful creations of my teamies at Our Creative Corner blog. Hope you get inspired and get crafty! See you at the gallery!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic challenge Lilli, and what a great card you have made for it.
    Better get my thinking cap on.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lili, this is such a beautiful card. Love the pretty woodgrian background. Thank you for hosting these two fun challenges. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lili
    Great colour palette, the mustard contrast looks wonderful against the woodgrain, and your added elements have given this card dimension as well as texture.
    Great themes for your Challenges.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete