Friday, January 18, 2013

FM #93 Make a wish

Welcome to another challenge at the Friday Mashup. The talented and lovely Holly is our hostess and her challenge is to create a card with a birthday theme and if you want you can mashup it up with brads. Stop by the Friday Mashup blog to check out the wonderful creations that the DT has prepared for your inspiration.

I am a sucker for banners and in our Spring Catalog it was featured Hearts a Flutter stamp set (W 129249 C 129252) and the corresponding framelits dies (130159) which are banners. You can get the Hearts a Flutter Bundle ( W 131098 C 131097) that comes with the stamp set and the framelits with 15% savings.  They give such a party look to your card. It is like expressing happiness, joy. So that is why I decided to use them in my card, although the cake could represent a birthday the banners confirm the celebration. The sentiment is from Bring on the Cake (W 121899  C 121958) , the number 41 from Memorable Moments (W 126680 C 126682) and the cake from Make a Cake (W 126740 C 126742). I used the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL (120893) to create the scallop at the bottom of the card. I also used Whisper White (100730), Pool Party (122924), Real Red (102482) cardstock, Pool Party ink (126982) and Basic Black ink (126980). I mashed up the challenge using Mini brads (122941) and Designer Printed Brads (122940).

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Happy stamping!



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with a "Birthday Theme".
  2. Or Make a project using "Brads".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Birthday project with some brads".




If you want to order the products I used in this card click here. Once you place the order under my webpage, email me with the number of your order, write Tutorial in the subject and I will be happy to  email you the tutorial for free on how I made this card.

6 comments:

  1. oooh, I love all those brads at the bottom - AND in the banners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to match up the banners and cake for your card! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lili, I really like the way you coordinated everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to stamp the numbers on one of the banners - great way to personalise a card! Love the brads you've added too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out really cute.. I like how you used the numbers on the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so pretty! Your banners and cake are just lovely! Those mini brads add such a lovely detail to your layered scalloped border!

    ReplyDelete