Friday, January 25, 2013

FM #94 Happy Chinese New Year!!

Hi there! This week's challenge is a real challenge, lol. The talented Heidi is the hostess and she created this fun challenge about Chinese New Year! Yeah, I know right? When I saw the theme of this challenge, I said, "What am I going to do for this challenge? I have no idea how I am going to put my ideas together to get a card done." But after a little research on Chinese New Year I came up with this card. I had a lot of fun making it and it really was something out of the box. So if I could do it, you can too.

Don't think I know Chinese because of the symbols in the card, which means Snake. I just drew them and then colored them in with a 0.7 Multiliner. The faux-paper lantern technique was applied on the lanterns. You can see the technique tutorial in the tutorial section at the Friday Mashup blog. Check out the creations of my teamies and I hope you get inspired to participate in this challenge!

Thanks for stopping by and have fun with this challenge!




So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with a "Chinese New Year (Year of the Snake) Theme".
  2. Or Make a project using the "Paper Lantern Technique".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project for the "Chinese New Year featuring the Paper Lantern Technique".


6 comments:

  1. pięknie, po prostu pięknie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous, Lili! It really looks like a party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love all the details on the lanterns, and the 'lights' in the background. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing Chinese New Year card Lili - those lanterns look so great with the numbers on them, and those circles in the background look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is adorable!! I love how you created the lanters and the numbers. And the tassels are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous! First off your lanterns with the year are stunning! But I also love the dots in your background. It makes it look like the sky in the background is filling up with lanterns way off in the distance! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete