Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kiss The Card and a Twist

Hi there! Another fun challenge for Our Creative Corner. This week, your project must show a kiss technique and the letters X and O. Isn't that a fun challenge? I love that technique and it also has some twists. If you go to the OCC blog, you are going to find a tutorial about it, and then you can choose which twist you want to apply to the technique. Don't forget to check the wonderful creations that the DT has prepared to inspire you. Hope to see you in the gallery!

To create my card, first I stamped the background with black with the XOXO stamp with the help of the Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049) on Raspberry Ripple cardstock (126842). Then I distressed the edges. For the black ribbon on the side, I just cut a piece of DSP, pleated it, and added two mini brads (122941) at the ends.

To make the flower, I used the Build a Blossom stamp set (W 121923, C 121994) and the Blossom Petals Builder punch (121808). I applied the kissing technique on the petals. First I inked the XOXO stamp with Raspberry Ripple and the petal stamp from the Build a Blossom stamp set with Pink Pirouette. I kissed both stamps and after that I punch them out. I distressed the petals' edges with Raspberry Ripple, and added a line of pearls in the center of each petal. I don't know if you can see the pearls very well in the pictures, but they really give a nice look to each petal.

For the leaves I inked the leaf stamp from Build a Blossom with Gumball Green and I dragged the dots stamp from For All You Do (115360) against the leaf stamp, which will give those strips to the leaf as you can see in the picture. Then I stamped it on Olive Green cardstock (100702). When the card was done I used the black marker to spritz all over the card.

Hope you like it! Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Lili!! Soooo many fabulous X's and O's here..I LOVE IT! Your focal flower is superb and adding the strip of pearls is such a fun and funky idea..REALLY adds even more depth and character to it. The rolled paper in the background and the black spritzing are just icing on the cake. A beautiful card with a super kissing technique. :)
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delightful creation, Lili. I love the beautiful xoxo on the flower and background. They are so lovely.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lili, what a clever card! I love how you did your background piece, it's wonderful! and using a black marker to spritz the sentiment piece is very clever, too! I always forget about that tool! I just love the 'ribbon' you added. I think it helps ground your card and gives it a little visual interest to keep your eye moving! Great use of a scrap of DSP, too! Wow! what a simply wonderful card that i just LOVE!
    hugs, sharon w.

    ReplyDelete