Friday, September 21, 2012

FM #77: Indian Summer, the dead summer's soul

Good morning from this part of the world! Today we have the new challenge for the Friday Mashup and one of my favorite themes "Indian Summer", where the colors for this challenge energize me: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Lucky Limemade and More Mustard.

I love, love fall and I am so ready to have it here. It doesn't happen here in Miami though, but I dream with the gorgeous array of colors that pop out in the trees during this time of the year in other parts of the country.

So as I told you, I got very inspired by this challenge that our talented Heidi has prepared for us this week. To create my card, I embossed a piece of Early Espresso Core'dination Cardstock using the new Fancy Fan Folder (127751) and then sanded it with the new Sandin' System (129367). I also used the Labels Collection Framelits (125598) to open the window to be able to stamp the sentiment, which is from the Word Play stamp set (W 120308, C 120651). The leaves from the French Foliage stamp set (121166) were stamped using the colors of the challenge, cut out and with dimensionals added to the card. The button is from Natural Designs Buttons (127554) and the bow was made out of Linen Thread (104199). Hope you like it!!

Thanks for stopping by and check out the FM blog to get inspired by the creations of the rest of the DT.

Have a wonderful weekend!!





So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a "Indian Summer" themed project.
  2. Or Make a project with any three colors from "Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade & Early Espresso".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Indian Summer Themed project with the color combo".

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous creation! I love the embossed panel and the lovely leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! Clever use of the embossing folder and die and you've captured the colors of fall beautifully! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! Absolutely beautiful details! Love,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Lili! I just love the leaves an the background you created is just stunning! For someone who doesnt get to see the fall colors you sure created a beautiful fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the core'dinations card with the fancy fan embossed pattern, and those leaves look perfect against the framed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete