Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's a sketch challenge for OCC

Our talented Chris hosts the challenge this week for Our Creative Corner. There are two criteria for the challenge:
1- Make a card for a male
2-Use the sketch
3-(Optional) you can also use a monochromatic color scheme.
Check out the OCC blog to see what the DT has created to inspire you!

I created the card following the criteria; it is for male, I used the sketch and a monochromatic color scheme. I used the Early Espresso Core'dinations Cardstock (127848) for the background. First, I embossed it with the Woodgrain embossing folder (127821) and then sanded it with the new sanding system (129367). I love the vintage look that those elements give to the card. I used burlap for the horizontal strips and knots for the ends. For the boat scene, I stamped the background with Crumb Cake ink (121030). To give the background that soft look, I first stamped the image on a piece of paper I had lying around, and then stamped it on the cardstock. The compass was stamped with Early Espresso ink (126974). The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Banners (W 126255, C 126257).

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Oh that woodgrain textured background is AMAZING! I love this card Lili - absolutely brilliant. Gorgeous take on the sketch and such a perfect male card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very masculine card Lili. I like all the textures together and the way you used the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lili
    You have created amazing texture on this card I just absolutely love it.
    Your little knots and the clip are great elements.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used burlap and knots, goes perfectly with your image!

    ReplyDelete