Saturday, July 21, 2012

Our Creative Corner Makeover Challenge

This week at Our Creative Corner we have a  makeover challenge! The idea is to look through your old stash to find a cringe-worthy card, then pick something you liked about the card (could be anything, like the design or the colors you used, or maybe just the sentiment), and make it over!

Here is my original card from my pre-blogging days. I had it in an old stash, and when I cringed when I saw it, I knew this would be the one to get a makeover! I like the overall design, but I find it lifeless and boring. Too monochromatic! The finishings are a bit sloppy too (like the way I cut out the hearts).


Here is my makeover card. I kept the design, but added lots of color and contrast to make the design elements pop, and bring the card to life! 


Be sure to stop by the OCC blog to see the stunning makeovers the other designers have created for you!

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. Actually I really like the first one too! Love the tiny envies and hearts on both and the colors on your update are terrific. Hope you are having a great time at convention.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Linda on this one - I really like BOTH of your cards before and after. It can be quite difficult to pull of a monochromatic card but you've done it wonderfully on your first sample, and your remake is so sweet. I love the thought behind the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fabulous, Lili. I love the beautiful color scheme on the new card. The perals on the border are great addition... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lili, you really flipped it with the remake! :) I'm going to have to chime in with the rest and say that your original has such a soft and tender feel to it, but the way you made your remake, you really brought so much depth and character to this. Beautiful card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful! I like the delicate vellum envelope but I prefer the bright colors in the second one. Way to go Lily!
    Loly Borda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lili
    I can understand you wanting to add colour to this card, I like the first one but it is missing something and that something for this particular card is colour, so for me bringing in the Yellow Blue and Red is just wonderful, a great remake for me.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first card, but the color on the second is nice as well. Welcome aboard!!!

    ReplyDelete