Sunday, November 11, 2012

Make your own background for OCC

Hello dear followers! Today I bring you my card following the challenge at Our Creative Corner. This week you have to make your own background without using any designer paper. Our talented Sue is the hostess for this week's challenge. Go to Our Creative Corner blog to look at the details of this challenge and to get inspired by the amazing creations that the design team has created. I love them all!!!

My background was created using distress inks:
- First I clear embossed the bird and branch where the bird is sitting.
- I then stamped the branches in the background.
- After that, I used different distress inks to give color and cover the whole background. When I got the desired effect, I placed inked cardstock between newsprint and ironed over the paper to remove the embossing powder from the image. I removed the cardstock from between the newspaper while hot.
- When it was cool, I flicked some water over the image to give that spotted look. Because I removed all the embossing powder, the bird looks like it is in the foreground while the rest of the card stays in the background.
- I stamped the sentiment in a funny way by just cutting the cardstock in an irregular way, which makes you look at the sentiment without distracting so much from the background.

Hope you like it! I had a lot of fun creating it!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Lili, not many people know this, but my nickname is bird and anytime I see a card with a gorgeous bird on it, it makes me so proud and happy. :) Your card has such radiant and deep colors and I absolutely loved admiring your beautiful background you've created!
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lili, what a fabulous card! I love the colors and the super sweet bird! Thank you for letting us know your process. Very helpful. I also really love the staples to anchor the ribbon pieces. Very beautiful!
    I hope that your weekend was wonderful. hugs, sharon w.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. Lili, this is such a gorgeous card. Love the technique you applied on the background and great result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background - I love the delicious shading of the subtle colours, and the bird really pops! Thanks for the great inspiration, and lovely detailed how-to tips...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete