Friday, November 16, 2012

FM #85

Hi there! So glad to be here with you for another challenge at the Friday Mashup. Leaves, that is the theme for this week's challenge, and because Thanksgiving is next week, Rita, our hostess, thought that it would be nice to mash it up with a Thank You card. I think that everybody is thankful for something, so let's get creative and prepare a project for this challenge. Check out the wonderful creations that the Design Team has created to get you in the Thanksgiving mood.

I created my card by painting with watercolors. I just added some colors to a wet piece of watercolor paper. When it was dry I added more color but this time with a brush I gave shape to the trees. As you can see there is no defined lines, they are blurry shapes giving the look of trees in the background. Once it is dry I stamped the letters from the French Foliage stamp set ( W120845 C 121166).

In another wet  piece of watercolor paper I poured some colors. When it was dry, I cut the leaves using the Bigz Die Autumn Accents which I run through the Big Shot. I stamped the acorns from the Wonderfall stamp set (W128084  C128087) on a piece of designer paper, cut them out with the scissors. The Thank You sentiment was handwritten using the Stampin' Dazzle marker (128979).

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with "Leaves".
  2. Or Make a project saying "Thank You".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You project with Leaves".



6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Your background is so abstract and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, Lili! I just love that background - so dreamy. Wonderful colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours you've used with the leaves and background Lili!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lili I just love this! The watercoloring is just superb and really draws the eye in, and your sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful background and I love your arrangement of leaves as well as the beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete