Thursday, April 5, 2012

Clean and Simple #183

I created this card for the Clean and Simple challenge. I love, but love, to paint with watercolors so I decided to paint a flower as a focal point for this sketch.

First, I stamped the rose on watercolor paper with Staz-On. Secondly, I wet the areas I wanted to color (Rose Red) petal by petal, trying to paint one petal at a time, and started applying color. I used our classic inks directly from the ink pad, let the paper dry and retouched the areas where I wanted the color to be darker. To darken, I used Cherry Cobbler. I left some white areas to reflect the light.

Hope you like it! Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Lili



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous. Love this stamp and hope it stays for another year (or ten). It was new the first year I learned about Stampin' Up, so I have a soft place in my heart for it. And what could be better for water-coloring?

    ReplyDelete