Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Paper Players #85: Spring Has Sprung

I was inspired again by Cards Magazine to create this card for The Paper Players.

To create the flowers, I used the Flower Daisies #2 Bigz Die. I overlapped six layers of flowers on top of each other to give dimension and the sense of texture. The leaves are from the Blossom Petals Builder Punch. I used the Eyelet Border Punch for the borders at the bottom of the card. I punched them out using the same designer paper I used in the background, again to give a sense of texture, but not to make them pop because I wanted the flowers to be the focal point. The sentiment is from the Word Play Stamp Set and I chose it because I think that it is well suited for this challenge: It's "So Worth the Wait" to see the flowers bloom in spring.

Hope you like my creation! Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!
Lili



Stamp Set: Word Play (W 120308, C 120651)
Bigz Dies: Flower Daisies (114520)
Punch: Blossom Petals Builder (121808), Eyelet Border (119853)

5 comments:

  1. Love those flowers on your card! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lili! The flower colors are the perfect contrast against the background! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I just love these flowers! They leap off the card, they are so fun & fresh!!! That subtle eyelet border really makes a great BG! Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the theme Lili! The first flowers of spring ARE so worth the wait and what a clever way to use this stamp set! Gorgeous flowers...Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Lili! I love those layered flowers, dressed up beautifully with the fun buttons...perfect to welcome the spring season. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete