Thursday, November 3, 2011

Give Thanks (The Paper Players #70)

I can't believe Halloween is over. I was planning to create a card for Halloween when I realized that Halloween was Monday, boohoo! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving now.

The theme for The Paper Players this week is about fall and anything goes. Since I love fall and leaves (in any size, any color, any kind!), I decided to make a card with leaves. I took the technique I used on this card from our Success magazine. I basically clear embossed some leaves, then gave color to the cardstock with the daubers and after that I stamped leaves randomly on top. The effect is so nice that I used that technique several times in different cards. Below you are going to find the card that I sumbmitted to the challenge and the other one that I created using the same technique and very similar to the one that is in our magazine.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy!



Cardstock: Lucky Limeade (122926), Soft Suede (115318), Natural Ivory (101849)
Stamp sets: Gently Falling (W 123802, C 123804), Hand-Penned Holidays (124312)
Ink: Soft Suede(115657), Versamark (102283), Daffodil Delight (119667), Cherry Cobbler (119669), Old Olive (102277)
Ribbon: Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding ribbon 1/2" cherry cobbler (120992)
Embellishments: Antique Brads (117273)

6 comments:

  1. Lili, these are both gorgeous! I really like how you created the background on the first card with the scripted sentiment...and don't even get me started on that pretty ribbon treatment! Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Lili! A great execution of the technique! Gorgeous ribbon treatment on the first card! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Both are beautiful examples of the technique. Perfect use of colors, and, I agree, that ribbon is awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Lili! Love the emboss resist and the sentiment stamped as a background...neat idea. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Lili! I, too, love how you've used the hand-penned sentiment as a background--so clever! This is a gorgeous use of the emboss technique and I love your ribbon treatment on the first card! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I love both of these cards. Such great techniques used on both. I love the repeated sentiment on the first and the emboss resist is just amazing on the second.Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete